Sports in Physical Education - Good or Bad?

I have grown up playing numerous different sports and it has given me many different qualities. Sports teaches people discipline, teamwork, physical skills and more. But what about those kids who don't enjoy sports? Is it okay to force them to play sports in Physical Education class? I personally don't think sports should be forced on anyone, but I do think that they should be encouraged. Although I do not believe sports all day, everyday should be an acceptable way to teach a class, but I do think that teachers should designate a certain amount of time for students to learn and play sports, with the appropriate amount of physical activity. If a teacher is considering a sports unit, I believe they need to focus on the standards and teaching the students something, other than just saying, "Okay, today we are playing sports!"

Comments